Thursday, January 6, 2011

I miss food!

So, glad to hear I'm not alone in the whole "first trimester = heartburn + indigestion + hungry but can't eat anything because it all makes me feel gassy and bloated and disgusting" equation.  I think I always imagined pregnancy being like camping out at an all-you-can-eat-buffet for 9 months, but so far I haven't even made it into the parking lot of the restaurant!    This is a huge problem for me because I really like food and I miss it A LOT.  Combine these issues with my new favorite pregnancy symptoms, lightheadedness and dizziness, and I'm one charming person to be around.  I think that by the time the 3rd trimester gets here all the preggos out there "forget" about this misery because they've moved on to the exhaustion and discomfort stage that leaves the 1st trimester in the dust, so no one warns you about all of this until you start complaining about it and then (thankfully!) the waves of encouragement and advice start flooding in. :)    I just want to see food and actually want to eat it...is that too much to ask?

In other news, if you're still reading this despite my grouchiness, we had an ultrasound appt last week and our little blur has grown to actually look like a baby!  Our first ultrasound was at 6 weeks and 2 days and this past one was 12 weeks and 2 days :)

                                                                                        He's waving!
We don't actually know it's a boy yet, but we kinda think it is!  We'll find out Feb 28th (day after my bday) at our 20 weeks ultrasound.  He'll be huge by then :) That is....if I ever get my appetite back!

No comments:

Post a Comment