Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PUPPS and Hot Flashes

I have been ridiculously absent from blogging because #1) I'm lazy and #2) Pregnancy is really starting to take a toll on me! 

I'm 33 weeks and 3 days Preggo--6.5 weeks to go and it's blowing my mind.  I confessed to my hubby the other day that I'm starting to feel pretty anxious about delivery--not exactly the actual delivery part, but all the stuff leading up to it: figuring out I'm actually in labor, having enough sense to get to the hospital (I really am fearful that I'll be in denial and try to rationalize any labor pains away to mean something else!!), being able to effectively communicate my desires and wishes about how I want to labor, and then of course having this baby....whew. It does not make me feel any better to see it all typed out-ha!

Naturally, I know that this is irrational, but I also know I'm not the first one to feel this way.  Just gotta keep moving forward 'cause even if I'm in denial, Grace is gonna come anyway!

Overall, I'd say that I've had a pretty easy pregnancy, with only one exception:  PUPPS.  If you've never heard of this nightmare, feel free to google it because that's what I had to do to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin!  It was confirmed by my doctor and I thought that I was going to have to endure 8 weeks of total misery due to this ridiculous pregnancy rash, but thankfully it seems to be going away...although I'm not holding my breath.  It started around the middle of week 31 and then by week 32 it was "full blown" which basically meant that from my shoulders to my feet, I have been covered in what closely resembles extreme poison ivy, minus the oozing.  To top it all off, I'm a total scratcher!  I felt like I was on fire for about 2 weeks, itching from head to toe with very little relief, except for soaking in the pool--it was like magic.  I'm not saying it's gone away because I'm too afraid to utter those words, but it does seem to be fading, Thank you LORD!

My next pregnancy hurdle is sleeping without becoming a human furnace.  My hormones are intense and as soon as I fall asleep, some internal power source kicks in and my body temp must rise up to absolutely boiling on the inside because 4-5 times a night I wake up completely drenched in sweat.  Then I get chills from being in a decently cool room, but covered in sweat so it makes falling back asleep a little more complicated.  These pregnancy issues are bizzare.  I can only hope that after deliery my hormones get their act together and the hot flashes will take a hike. 

*Sigh* Onward and Upward--I have my very first baby shower this coming Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it.  Helps make it seem more real that within only a handful of weeks I'll have my very own baby in my arms instead of in my belly--man that's sobering!  Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment