Sunday, December 26, 2010

My eggo is preggo-11 weeks!

Well, seeing as how the last time I "blogged" was a month before I got married...I think I have a little explaining to do :)  This month, Chad and I have been married for 6 months and we've just celebrated our very first Christmas together as a married couple!  It was undoubtably the BEST Christmas either of us have ever had.  It was simply wonderful. 
About 2 months ago, we had a little surprise...we're pregnant!  We've held the secret in for quite awhile, but finally, on Christmas, we let the cat out of the bag.  I'm 11 weeks and 1 day preggo and it's been marvelous.  Don't get me wrong, I've had the pregnancy symptoms most women experience, nausea, headaches, fatigue, BLOATING, indegestion, and heartburn, but thankfully all in moderation....except for the last three.  And those are doozies! Thank goodness for antacid.
Praise the Lord, we got to see our little nugget at 6 weeks on an ultrasound and since then I've heard the heartbeat again--it's so miraculous.  I really can't explain the feeling, but it leaves you smiling for days.  I'm very much looking forward to the second trimester when I might actually feel/look pregnant and be reassured every day that our little one is really moving around as much as all the books and websites say it is! 
Probably the strangest thing I've been trying to get used to is food.  I am not used to being controlled by my stomach, but cravings and aversions are pretty demanding on how and when I eat.  It's bizarre, I also thought it would be something that I would have some kind of control over (not really sure why) but I've found that I am only able to eat small meals every hour/couple of hours and after a small portion I feel so full I can't take another bite, only to be super hungry again in a short time!  It makes no sense.  Then there are times that I feel like I really need to eat something, but nothing sounds yummy enough to eat and I'm left in an uncomfortable feeling between nausea and hunger.  My staples at this point seem to be french fries, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and an occasional sushi craving (california rolls).  Nutritious isn't it!  Ha, thankfully those foods aren't readily available for me or else I'd be packing it on!
I am so thankful and excited about this pregnancy, and even though I miss my 2-3 cups of coffee a day (I like my java) I am adjusting just fine to the occasional cup of decaf.  I know there are plenty of people out there who just eat and drink whatever and however much they like, but considering this is our first baby, I'm going to err strongly on the side of caution for my first go-round.
I don't claim to be a "blogger" and as you can see from my previous  posts, I am lacking in the area of consistency....but I'll do my best!
Now...where are my Tums...

No comments:

Post a Comment