Thursday, June 30, 2011

So close....yet so far?

Only about 2 weeks to go until this baby is DUE!  I've definitely reached the end of my "comfort level."  She's stretched me to my limits and some days I'm convinced she thinks she's gonna make her great escape through my belly button by the way she pushes--or maybe there's an alien in there instead of my baby?!
The daily "twins" comments are grinding my gears and we've now reached the point where even the FedEx Delivery guy says, "You still haven't had that baby yet?!"  Hilarious--I've been given strict order to not have the baby this weekend, which I made no promises to keep!  My parents are taking a quick trip to WI to see my Gramma T and some family for the 4th and they won't be back til late Monday night.  Dad says he wanted to squeeze it in before the baby comes, but I warned him that he might miss it altogether.  Maybe Grace will come on Monday and be a 4th of July baby :)  Then it will be like my parents were just "late" to the party instead of missing it completely. HA, we'll see what happens!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything still looks great--Dr. Wolf agreed that he thinks this baby will be "bigger than average" but he didn't think more than 8.5lbs by full-term...I secretly think he didn't want to freak me out by saying 9lbs + but it's too late Doc--I've already thought it!  I think she'll definitely be tall/long.  I really just can't wait for her to be here.  Waiting is almost as miserable as being this pregnant in the middle of summer!
The good news is, her head is definitely locked into my plevis, which means dispite all her pushing and shoving through my belly button, she does in fact know the right way out...now if she'd only start moving that way...C'mon Grace--head towards the light!!

No comments:

Post a Comment